To link a custom domain to Arcadier;
1. First, login into your admin portal and click Custom Domain under Advanced Settings tab
2. Set your primary domain by adding an existing domain (which you have purchased) under the ADD EXISTING DOMAIN field. Once done, it will be added to the list of your purchased domain below.
Do note that the domain changes will take up to 24h to take effect.
3. Select the domain that you would like your marketplace to have from the drop-down menu under SET YOUR PRIMARY DOMAIN
4. Next, login to your respective domain registrar portal to make the changes in your DNS records.
In essence, there are 2 DNS records that you may have to update;
- A record (Address/host record): This points your custom domain to Arcadier’s IP address
- CName record: This points your sub domain to Arcadier’s domain. This always points to another domain rather than an IP address.
Change the CName record to yourmarketplacename.arcadier.io. If you have purchased either a GoDaddy, iPage, Bluehost, Namecheap or 1and1.com domain, you can refer to a detailed guide found in the page, that includes step-by-step instructions.
5. Once done, click save