This article is for Delivery 2.0 users (retail goods template only). If you are one of our legacy users, click here to learn how to upgrade your delivery methods. All newly created marketplaces should have Delivery 2.0 automatically implemented into their platforms. This article will examine how to set up delivery methods as an admin and as a seller.
With the Delivery 2.0 feature, the first addition is that admins can set up a standardized weight unit across their marketplace. On top of this, deliveries will be available in specific countries (set by the admin) and delivery surcharges can be defined per order weight or price. With this, delivery fees vary more proportionally to listings in bulk and are calculated based on individual merchants. With Delivery 2.0, customers will only select the pick-up location or delivery method during the checkout process.
How to Set up (Admin)
If you are a Merchant, please skip to the next section below.
1) You can find Delivery 2.0 by navigating to Settings > Advanced > Delivery
2) After Enabling Delivery 2.0, the Admin's first step is to define the weight unit that they want to use across their marketplace. This will be the standardized weight unit that all your Merchants, Consumers, and Delivery Services will follow.
After saving, you can edit it by clicking on the "Edit" button.
3) Just below the weight unit option is the list of available Delivery Methods for your marketplace. Please note that the Delivery Options that you add are optional for the Merchants to implement. The Merchants on your marketplace are free to decide which Delivery Option is optimal for their business and may create their own custom Delivery method. To add a Delivery Method, click on "Add Delivery Option".
4) You will be directed to the Delivery Options Page, where you will be able to add the Name of Delivery option, Country for Delivery, Minimum Lead Time, and Storage Location. You can also select if the shipping total will be calculated according to total weight or total price.
5) Next, you can add multiple Delivery rates, where you can indicate different delivery fees based on different total weights/costs of items. For example, if your delivery method calculates the shipping total by order weight, then you can set up three delivery rates: $2 for 0-10kg, $4 for 11-15kg, and $5 for 16kg onwards.
You will be able to view your delivery rates under "Delivery rates". When you are done editing your delivery method, click "Save"
How to Set up (Merchant)
As a Merchant, you have the ability to decide what you want to present to your consumers. In other words, Delivery 2.0 allows you to adopt delivery methods made by the admin or to create your own custom delivery methods.
1) To browse your delivery options or add new delivery options, navigate to "Delivery" on your seller's toolbar.
2) In your delivery settings, you can see the delivery methods added by the marketplace admin. You will not be able to edit or delete delivery methods created by the admin. However, you can toggle the delivery methods on or off by clicking on the "Yes"/"No" toggle, depending on whether you want to allow customers to select that delivery method.
3) If you want to create your own delivery option, click on "Add Delivery Option". You will be able to add the Name of Delivery option, Country for Delivery, Minimum Lead Time, and Storage Location. You can also select if the shipping total will be calculated according to total weight or total price. Next, you can add multiple delivery rates, where you can indicate different delivery fees based on different total weights/costs of items. Click "Save" to add the new delivery method.
4) Additionally, as a merchant, you are allowed to add a pick-up option. Type in your full address (or the address used for pick-up), click on "Add Pick-up Option" and the location will appear under your Pick-up Options.
After this process, all the selected delivery methods will appear for customers to select during the checkout process. For a more detailed guide on setting up a delivery method as a merchant, click here.