To customize the front page of your Marketplace, you can utilize the Layout Tool from the Admin Portal. Simply navigate to Design > Homepage Layout.
This tool allows you to customize and/or arrange the order of the following panels:
- Main Slider Panel
- Categories Panel
- Latest Listings Panel
- Call-To-Action Panels
- Value Proposition Panels
Customization options can be accessed via the pencil button on the top right corner of each panel. To arrange the panels, click the up or down buttons to find the ideal order.
Keep reading to find out more about each panel!
This main or hero panel is the first section that the visitors of your marketplace will see. Hence, the visuals here are especially important! Possible customizations are:
- Change slider image - Click the button to select an image from your gallery. Click here to see recommended image sizes for the best display resolution.
- Change slider to gif or video - insert MP4 Video Link. Do note that most youtube videos are not MP4 links. To learn how to convert videos to MP4 links, see this article.
- Create multiple sliders - Click on 'Add New Slider'. The new slider will appear below, labeled 'Slider 2'.
- Edit Display Name and Description of Marketplace - simply click on the text.
This panel allows users to search for listings by category. (Click here to see how to add categories to your Marketplace!)
You can: move, hide, and collapse categories. A collapsed category panel will display the first 4 categories as a default, with a 'show all categories' button. Note: This panel cannot be deleted.
Latest Listings Panel
This panel shows the latest listings uploaded on to the Marketplace. You can: move or hide the panel, and change the number of listings shown between 1 and 10. Note: This panel cannot be deleted.
Call-to-action panels allow you to:
- input an unlimited number of words
- choose a background image
- input an optional call-to-action button, to directly link users to either another page within the marketplace or an external site such as a blog page.
Value Proposition Panels
Value Proposition panels allow you to:
- add icons, short titles, and descriptions (up to 3 of each)
Potential uses of this panel include:
- display features and values that differentiate your marketplace
- customer feedback and testimonials to increase the trust of new users on your marketplace
- feature well-known brands and merchants
There are no limits on how many Call-to-Action & Value Proposition panels you can include in your marketplace. Here's how to add them.
1. Click Add Panel at the bottom of the page under the Homepage tab and select the type of panel (Call-to-Action or Value Proposition).
2. For both panel types, you can add titles, add description text, add images, embed links to buttons, as well as move them around.
Please sign in to leave a comment.