Generally speaking the 30 April update is really good. It solved some major issues and all around everything is much faster. However, there remains a few critical improvements that need to be made as soon as possible. Thank you to the team for working to improve the system to help us be successful entrepreneurs!
As Support advised, I posted a lot of "feature requests" in the last few weeks as my ~3 month old marketplace gets more and more traction. I am now getting overwhelmed by requests from my sellers to improve their experience with the following things, and as such I don't think I can consider these to be feature requests... they are critical usability upgrades that need to happen soon. Understand that our mutual business models depend on convincing others that our platform is the best, and eventually leave their current big name store/marketplace if they're on one... and the only way we'll do that is if our platform is better than the alternatives.
1) Upgrades for the Seller's Orders List Page in the Dashboard. My sellers simply are not using their orders list page because it is unusable as it is. They are immediately taking their order tracking and communication outside of the platform... which means that's where repeat orders are going as well. At a minimum their orders list page needs to looks like the Admin's transactions page... with the buyer's name listed and searchable. No one thinks of or tracks their orders in terms of an order number, and they have to click through too many orders to find which order they want to do something with since the variant ordered is also not displayed here either. The "Delivered" language is just not correct and they're just skipping it since they have to send the buyer a tracking number somehow anyways. More details: https://support.arcadier.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360003356713-Upgrades-for-the-Seller-s-Orders-List-Page-in-the-Dashboard-Retail-
2) The variants feature remains broken despite being advertised as an exclusive feature. I have to set up every single listing on behalf of my sellers if it uses variants or they will give up and not bother joining the platform. More details: https://support.arcadier.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360003356293-Usability-of-the-Variants-Feature-Retail-
3) Need permanent fixes for all the random glitches, and thorough testing before releasing updates by people who are very familiar with how online shopping works from buyer and seller perspectives. I need to focus on spreading awareness of my marketplace and getting people to join, and as it stands the majority of my time is spent dealing with glitchy issues on the site.
Summary of changes needed ASAP:
- Make the seller's order list page like the Admin's Transaction list page, with buyers name displayed and searchable. The variant that was ordered needs to be displayed here as well.
- Change the word "delivered" to "shipped" on the order list page and add the ability to input a tracking number to send when clicking something as shipped.
- Unlock the ability of a seller to message their buyer inside the platform. Make this chat more versatile so I can start to ask you to hide their buyer's email address from them. :-)
- Overhaul the variants feature so people can actually use it and I don't have to do it for them.
Please sign in to leave a comment.