An SSL certificate is issued by a trusted third party for a specific domain or subdomain. SSL certificates are what enable websites to move from "HTTP" to "HTTPS" and are required for certain actions like handling online payments through a payment gateway.
Arcadier provides paid SSL certificates for users to easily purchase and connect them from within the admin portal. Arcadier currently offers the following SSL certificates for self onboarding:
- RapidSSL Basic - $59.00
- Single Domain
- 1 Year validity
- $10,000 warranty
Do check back as Arcadier continues to make available more SSL certificate types for easy onboarding. If there are specific SSL certificates you would want supported, please drop us a ticket to let us know!
How to purchase and setup SSL for my custom domain
1. Make sure that the custom domain you want to secure is "Active". (For more information on how to connect your custom domain click here). The "Add/Renew SSL" button will appear once the domain is active
2. Press the "Add/Renew SSL" button and it will take you to the next page where you can view all the available SSLs and fill in the required information to start the setup
3. You can select from the available SSLs and fill in the information required for your domain certificate
4. Do note that due to the certificate requirements, all fields (Name / State / City) have the following limitations:
- Maximum 64 characters per field (including spaces)
- No underscores allowed
- Only these characters are supported:
- Lowercase letters a–z
- Uppercase letters A–Z
- Digits 0–9
- Special characters: period (.) and hyphen (‐)
5. For the Approver email, you would have to choose from the following few emails:
6. The Approver email should be given to you by your domain provider. It is the email that is registered for the domain ownership. If you do not have access to any of these emails, do check with your domain provider for this. Other names the "Approver email" goes by are "administrative email", "domain email address" and "administrative contact".
If none of the listed emails is the email provided by your domain, do reach out to us on a support ticket for more assistance.
7. When you are ready to purchase the SSL certificate, press the "Purchase" button and it will take you to the checkout page to complete the payment.
8. After a successful checkout, you should receive an email confirming the SSL purchase
9. Your SSL purchase should be automatically verified, however in some cases, you may receive a verification email to your approver email address to complete the setup. Do keep an eye out for that! If you do not see your SSL connected within 24 hours, please contact Arcadier Support.