Email notifications are vital in the marketplace as they serve as communication tools to provide a seamless experience for both the buyer and seller in the marketplace. In the event that the EDMs are not working, here are some troubleshooting steps you can take to diagnose the issue.
1. Make sure the affected EDM was sent out via the platform.
- Check the "Mail log" to ensure that the affected EDM was activated and sent via the platform.
- Resend the EDM under "Mail log" and review if the EDM was received.
- If no EDM is found, kindly write back to the support team.
2. Check if the issue is affecting every other email template.
This can be done by triggering the email notifications of other EDMs. Below are some ways to do it:
- Register a new user on the marketplace to trigger the welcome EDM
- Enter your marketplace as a guest buyer and send a direct message to your own seller account to trigger the offer/quotation EDM
3. Ascertain the number of affected users.
- The number of users affected must also be checked as there are some cases wherein EDMs are not sent to certain domains due to the restrictions coming from the email providers. What the admin must do is coordinate with the users so they can have their email settings checked from their end.
If the error still persists, please send a message to the Customer Service Team with the diagnosis from the steps above so a report can be submitted to the technical team.