We want to help any non-profit initiative that is directed to those affected by the Covid-19 crisis by offering a free platform to anyone who is building a platform to coordinate and allocate societal resources better.
Who is it for?
It is for anyone who is building a marketplace that can help those affected by the changes and situations brought about by the pandemic.
What is provided?
We are providing Arcadier’s build-it-yourself product for the next 4 months free on the Basic Package for marketplaces that are created to serve those affected by the humanitarian crisis. This free period may be extended based on the evolving situation.
Arcadier’s platform allows people to rent, book, buy and connect with each other online over a listing. If you are unsure of what can be created, we have listed some examples of platforms that you can build on Arcadier.
- A platform for part-time caregivers for healthcare professionals
- A platform for excess supplies in a neighbourhood
- A platform for pooled delivery runs for the vulnerable in the community (old or disabled)
- A marketplace for residents of a building to purchase or exchange items with each other
- A platform for local restaurants to list their menu for pick-up instead of dining in
What kinds of platforms are possible to build?
Arcadier makes it possible to build platforms that match people with services and products they are looking for. This could include platforms that allow a neighbourhood to trade items and supplies with each other or to share bulk purchased items, or one that allows people to find temporary work during this time. Arcadier makes it easy to build with templates that cater to (i) Service Bookings (ii) Rental Bookings and (iii) Purchasing of items
How to get started?
Some simple steps to get started:
- Create your marketplace. Head to:
- Fill up the form below after creating a marketplace:
You can get the marketplace up and running right away. These are some help articles that could help you as you set up the marketplace.
- Getting Started: What information you would like on hand before starting a marketplace platform on Arcadier. E.g. the name of the marketplace, what type of template
- Setting the commission to zero: when on-boarding, you should set the commission to 0% as a non-profit - you can change this later at a category level
- Adding Categories: Setting up the infrastructure for your service providers/sellers to fit their listings into.
- Adding Custom Fields: Setting up fields that your renters/service providers/sellers need to input when adding their listings.
Do note that the payment gateway fees by Stripe and Paypal are not things we can take away as Arcadier, so they will still be charged. You can choose to opt for ‘Cash on delivery’ if that suits your business more.
How long will this program last?
This initiative will run till the end of July, during which approved marketplaces will not be charged. After July, marketplaces can still continue on Arcadier's subscription plans should they like to continue operations.
"Non-profit initiative that is directed to those affected by the Covid-19" means:
You declare that this platform will be used to serve those impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and will not be meant for profit. You agree to manage the marketplace platform responsibly, and have undertaken this project to help those in need, and will not harm or endanger those who entrust their information, resources, goods and services to the platform you build. You understand that Arcadier will revoke the marketplace if it contradicts the laws of the country of implementation or Arcadier’s acceptable use policies, or if it does not fulfil the criteria for this initiative set forth at the sole discretion of the folk at Arcadier. You also understand that Arcadier has the right to unilaterally revoke the free marketplace at any time without reason, cause or notice.
All marketplaces are subjected to a vetting process done by Arcadier to determine if the marketplace meets the objective of meeting the needs of those affected by Covid-19.
Please sign in to leave a comment.