Arcadier’s users who have created their marketplaces after 3rd June 2019 will automatically have full access to the new Delivery 2.0 cost calculator. Existing users will be given the option to keep the old delivery cost calculator or switch to the new Delivery 2.0 cost calculator.
This can be done in the admin portal under Settings > Advanced > Delivery. Enabling the feature will unequivocally override the old delivery methods, and this process is irreversible. Upon switching to Delivery 2.0, it will not be possible to switch back to the old delivery cost calculator.
Existing users who had created their marketplaces before 3rd June 2019 should take note of the effects of upgrading to Delivery 2.0 before doing so:
- Old delivery method fields will be hidden
- Delivery availability and checkout address fields toggle will be hidden
- All existing delivery methods will be removed from items
- Buyers will be unable to select previous delivery methods from checkout
- Sellers will be unable to edit delivery methods on the settings page under the old delivery method system
- Sellers will select from new delivery values in the Item Upload Page
- Sellers will be unable to select from any previous delivery methods (From the old delivery method system)
- Admins will not be able to toggle Delivery/Pick-up Options
- Admins will not be able to toggle Checkout Page Delivery/Billing Address
After Delivery 2.0 has been activated, admins will first have to define the weight unit to be used throughout their marketplace.
After which, they have the option of adding default delivery options that will be applied across their marketplace and to all merchants. Merchants can disable these default delivery options to add their own if necessary.
Calculating delivery costs by weight/price
Admins/Merchants can now specify price/weight ranges for which specific delivery costs would be applied to.
Delivery cost calculated by price:
Delivery cost calculated by weight:
Admins can specify the minimum lead time for delivery. This will only show buyers the lead time upon making their purchase. Users will not receive any form of notification. The ability to receive notification or tracking can be done if the marketplace is integrated with logistics software.
Kindly note that once Delivery 2.0 has been activated, it will not be possible to switch back to the old delivery cost calculator. The ‘Delivery / Pickup for listings’ and ‘Checkout Page Address Fields’ toggles will no longer be available after Delivery 2.0 has been activated.