What is the Profile Input Fields plug-in?
The Profile Input Fields plug-in enables marketplace administrators to create additional input field(s) to both the merchant and consumer's profile settings page to collect additional information.
Click here and follow the instruction on how to install a plug-in.
Why should I use this plug-in?
The administrators of certain marketplaces have a requirement to collect additional information from users and this plug-in gives administrators the ability to collect additional relevant information based on the administrator's choice.
For example, some marketplaces may require users to specify their gender. Using this plug-in, administrators can now make 'Gender' a user custom field that users have to fill up during on-boarding.
The screenshot below shows a user profile page before adding the profile input fields plug-in into the marketplace.
After administrator adds the profile input fields plug-in into the marketplace, two new input field can be seen in the screenshot below.
What are the fields available?
Marketplace administrators can decide to collect different information from merchants and consumers by setting up different profile input fields for different user types. This enables the collection of various types of information through different input field options to be created for the profile pages.
- Text Box - allows the collection of free form information
- Number - allows the collection of numerical information
- Checkbox - allows the collection of one or more selections
- Dropdown - allows the collection of a unique selection
How do I use these fields?
Text box and number box creation
1) Click on the button "Add Profile Input Field" at the top right corner.
2) A entry row will appear under the table.
3) Select the type of field by clicking on the drop-down list.
4) Give a name to the label under the column "Name".
5) Click on the box under the column "Enable" and you're done. Once enabled, the button will turn blue.
Checkbox and drop-down list creation
Repeat step 1 to 5 from above.
6) Under the column "Options", you can enter the different types of choices you will provide to your consumer. Please separate each option with a comma.
Example if you wish to display a list of options under a drop-down list;
After each option, enter a comma to split them. (Red, Green, Blue)
Should the field be disabled, new users will not be able to fill it up and it would hence be empty for them. After a disabled field is enabled again, old users who filled it up before will be able to see the field along with the user's last-saved entry.
Deletion of input fields
To be included in the next update.
How will this affect users on the marketplace?
Users of the marketplace will now have to enter additional new information input fields in their profile page when they register as a Merchant or a Consumer on the marketplace.
General Note: Using Plug-Ins with Custom Code Editor:
If you have utilized the Custom Code Editor and have inserted custom codes into your marketplace, there is a chance that the selected installed plug-in may conflict with the inserted codes resulting in errors on your marketplace, especially if your custom code relates to the same feature areas of the plug-in. In such an instance, simply uninstall the plug-in and the error will go away. Please note that Arcadier is not responsible for any errors which may occur as a result or support any custom code fixes to accommodate any plug-in. You will have to contact your developers directly for support.