The bulk shipping feature allows your sellers to reduce the individual item shipping charges if any customer purchases more than one item from them.
Whenever a seller on your marketplace clicks the “Upload” button on their seller panel, there will be a “Delivery Options” section on the Items Upload page where they can enable the relevant delivery options for each particular item.
Refer below for more details on what the relevant terms mean.
· “Single Item Delivery (A)”: This is the delivery rate charged if the customer only orders a single item from the seller.
· “With Other Item (B)”: This is the delivery rate charged for every subsequent item that the customer purchases from the seller.
·Note: If the seller leaves (B) blank, the delivery charge here would be the same as what was filled in under (A).
Therefore, when a customer orders more than 1 item from a single seller, his discounted delivery cost will be calculated by adding the delivery charge of the item with the highest (A) value and the (B) values of every subsequent item.
After the customer has added the multiple items from the same seller to their shopping cart, he will see the following order summary.
- Sub Total (This refers to the total cost of each individual item before any delivery charges have been added)
- Delivery Costs (This refers to the total original delivery cost without any bulk shipping discount applied. – Adding up (A) for every item)
- Bulk Delivery Discount (This refers to the difference between the total original delivery cost and the new delivery cost after bulk shipping has been applied.)