After creating a marketplace, the next step is to onboard sellers onto your marketplace and grow the sellers’ community. Thus, it is important to make sure that sellers can easily onboard onto your marketplace and manage their accounts smoothly. Here’s a guide to make the onboarding process as well as account management for your sellers effortless.
Do take note that when you onboard as a seller on your marketplace, do ensure that you have fully completed the onboarding process correctly.
To create a seller account on a marketplace that is not private (For a private marketplace, click here):
1. Go to the marketplace you wish to register as a seller and click ‘Be a Seller’.
2. You will be brought to this page where you can choose to register as a seller via your existing Facebook/Gmail account or custom login. If you choose to register via custom login, click ‘Create Account’.
3. Fill up the necessary details and click ‘Create Account’.
4. Continue the seller onboarding process by uploading a display picture and filling up the required fields to set up your profile and address.
5. Moving on to the most crucial part of onboarding as a seller is the setting up of Payment Method. Depending on what payment gateway the marketplace admin has enabled on the marketplace and made mandatory, seller would need to link their payment account accordingly.
For Stripe, sellers will need to create a Stripe account to complete this step. They can click on ‘Link Account’ which will bring them to Stripe’s account set up page.
Stripe account setup
6. Once seller has successfully linked his/her Stripe account, the payment section would show ‘Verified’ and seller can move on to the next step.
7. Last step is to enter the preferred delivery methodsand details. As it is only applicable for certain transactions such as retail goods or personal services, seller may opt to skip this step if it is not applicable.
And with that, click Save and the seller onboarding process is completed!