After creating a marketplace, the next step is to onboard sellers onto your marketplace and grow the sellers’ community. Thus, it is important to make sure that sellers can easily onboard onto your marketplace and manage their accounts smoothly. Here’s a guide to make the onboarding process as well as account management for your sellers effortless.
Do take note that when you onboard as a seller on your marketplace, do ensure that you have fully completed the onboarding process correctly.
To create a seller account on a marketplace that is not private (For a private marketplace, click here):
1. Go to the marketplace you wish to register as a seller and click ‘Be a Seller’.
2. You will be brought to this page where you can choose to register as a seller via your existing Facebook/Gmail account or custom login. If you choose to register via custom login, click ‘Create Account’.
3. Fill up the necessary details and click ‘Create Account’.
4. Continue the seller onboarding process by uploading a display picture and filling up the required fields to set up your profile and address.
5. Moving on to the most crucial part of onboarding as a seller is the setting up of Payment Method. Depending on what payment gateway the marketplace admin has enabled on the marketplace and made mandatory, the seller would need to link their payment account accordingly.
For Stripe, sellers will need to create a Stripe account to complete this step. They can click on ‘Link Account’ which will bring them to Stripe’s account set up page.
Stripe account setup
6. Once the seller has successfully linked his/her Stripe account, the payment section would show ‘Verified’ and the seller can move on to the next step.
And with that, click Save and the seller onboarding process is completed!
Point to note:
An existing Google or Facebook account used to create a seller account on one Arcadier marketplace is not allowed to create a seller account on another Arcadier marketplace at this time to prevent the over-stretching of merchant resources.