Google Analytics is a freemium web analytics service that helps you analyse visitor traffic so that you can better reach out to your target audience and meet their needs. It's a platform that connects to every page on your website and helps you to unlock insightful data through various dashboards and reports.
Google Analytics can provide you with the routes people take to reach your site, the content they viewed, and even the devices they used to get there. Find out more about Google Analytics here: https://www.google.com/analytics/analytics/#?modal_active=none
Currently, Arcadier platform only supports the Universal Analytics property for Google Analytics. (i.e. your tracking code should start with UA-, not G-)
To connect your Google Analytics to Arcadier, you’ll first need to have a Google Analytics property already set up. Simply go to the Google Analytics tab under Analytics/SEO in your admin portal,
- Fill in your Google Analytics Tracking ID
- Fill in your Google View ID
- Sign in with your Google account that has the Google Analytics property to complete the connection
If you are still having problems or do not have a Google Analytics property connected yet, the steps below should assist you with connecting smoother!
How do I create a Google Analytics account?
- Go to google.com/analytics.
- Do one of the following:
- To create an account, click Start for free.
- To sign in to your account, click Sign in to Analytics.
How do I create a property on my Analytics account?
- After setting up your Account details, you will be brought to Property setup
- Give it a Property name (e.g. My Marketplace)
- Ensure that you have "Create a Universal property" toggled ON.
- You will not be able to connect to your Marketplace without it
- Fill in the details under the Universal Analytics property
- Website URL: this is the URL of your arcadier marketplace (e.g. "marketplace.arcadier.io")
- Select "Create a Universal analytics properly only"
- After that press continue to complete the set up and you should be brought to your Analytics dashboard page
Where can I find my Tracking ID?
- Under the dashboard page, in the Admin tab look at the Property column
- Go to "Tracking info" and click "Tracking Code"
- You will be able to find your "Tracking ID" on the right side of the column
- Do note that the tracking ID has to start with UA- and not G-
- If your tracking ID is showing G- we recommend creating a new Google Analytics property with the instructions above
Where can I find my View ID?
- Under the dashboard page, in the Admin tab look at the View column
- Go to "View Settings"
- You will be able to get your "View ID" on the right side of the column
- Ensure that the Website's URL matches your marketplace URL (e.g. marketplace.arcadier.io)
- All your Arcadier marketplace analytics will be sent to this view
- If you do not see the View column, you might not be using a Universal Analytics property, do check and create a new property with the instructions above if so